Clash without Crash - Technical contemporary dance class
The class is very strongly based on release technique and a relevant attention will be given to the floor work.
Aims of the class:
- to prepare the body to feel confident with the floor doing actions like rolling, swinging, pushing the ground;
- to be able to absorb the weight of the body dancing sequences going up and down from the floor;
- to develop the ability to use the floor as a possible “partner”;
- to acquire a variety of skills to be able to transform the floor in to a platform from wich is possible to make movement strongly based on the relationschip between weight and gravity force;
- to investigate the softness of the body to be able to move freely without tensing the muscles;
- to train the strength of the body to be able to dance with power some very dynamic sequences through the space;
- to learn extended and complex phrases dealing with speed and compactness;
to assume a technical vocabulary with which to be able to make impressive and athletic movement without to put in danger the personal safety.
In 2003 Bruno Catalano graduated from the dance academy-EDDC in Arnhem/NL. As a dancer he worked for Marcus Grolle, Katja Wolf, Morgan Nardi, Ornella D`Agostino, Tino Sehgal, Tiziana Arnaboldi, among others. Since 2007 Bruno is, together with Simone Blaser, the co-director of the company PiccoliProduction (www.piccoliproduction.com), for which they choreographed several pieces in co-production with the Tanzhaus Zürich and Theater Gessnerallee Since many years he’s teaching in several academies in Europe such as Sead (Salzburg), TIP (Freiburg), Lem (Buenos Aires), Ials (Rom), etc. and works with teenagers at Rudolf Steiner schools in Switzerland as well as cooperating with Christian Seiler, director of AGtheater in Zürich.
Möckernstr. 68, 10965 Berlin